Wednesday, March 12, 2008

20 more minutes lost

A large percentage of the budget for Monty Python and the Holy Grail was donated by members of Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

Unable to prevent the use of the word “spam” to represent unwanted email messages, the Hormel company now uses all-capital letters in referencing its canned pork product.

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE stupid trivial tidbits of information, which is why have been hooked on Mental Floss' Amazing Fact Generator. I can't even stop long enough to write about it.

Tried some of the other generators, and the only one I really liked was the trading card generator that I already played around with. Art projects really aren't my cup of meat. They bore me.

overall, while the generators are quirky and fun to play with, I don't see any way to bring them into being a useful communication tool. Fun, yes. Useful no.

No comments: